Things To Do Before Moving Checklist
Use this moving checklist to help you get organize and prepare for your upcoming move.
1. Put together some type of “moving book” to keep notes on what you’ve done and what you still need to do.
2. If you need to use storage facilities, search for the best options.
3. Make a list of everyone you need to notify to get your address changed.
4. Contact utility companies and service providers to have your appliances/services disconnected or reconnected in your new home if necessary.
5. This takes sacrifice, but start living off your store cupboard and freezer. Stop buying frozen or perishable food (you really can’t take it with you, and it’ll make the move easier).
6. Put aside a box for any personal or essential items that you want to take with you yourself. Make sure you mark it “DO NOT MOVE” so your movers don’t load it by mistake.
7. Pack up your garage and anything that is stored in your yard, garden, or shed.
8. Empty the fuel from your lawnmower and power tools.
9. Properly dispose of anything that is flammable or hazardous.
10. Think about what you’re going to do with the kids.